MBBS in Bangladesh is a relatively good option mainly because of quality of MBBS in Bangladesh and MBBS in Bangladesh fee structure. Medical study in Bangladesh is popular among Indians, Nepalis, Srilankan, Malaysian, Australian, Pakistani, Philippino, Palestinian, Maldivian and Bhutanese students. MBBS in Bangladesh is said to be ranked 2nd after MBBS in India. For Indian students, to study in Bangladesh has the added advantage of cultural similarity, including food. To study in Bangladesh for International students is going to be an increasingly famous option in near future. You are welcome to take a closer look at status of MBBS in Bangladesh 2018.
ADVANTAGES OF STUDYING IN BANGLADESH
In a nutshell, we give you the salient points that make MBBS Course in Bangladesh attractive. However, a little Research from the student’s side is very desirable.
- The most important attraction to study MBBS in Bangladesh is the reasonable Bangladesh Medical College Tuition Fees. There is a Reservation of 75 students in Government Medical Universities in Bangladesh for International students. Also, in Private Medical Colleges of Bangladesh 25% of seats are reserved for non-native students.
- There is a concept that if you are a SAARC student, you don’t have to pay any Tuition Fee for Medical Study in Bangladesh, only your living cost.
- Those who are not under the purview of SAARC have to pay USD 3,000 pa as Bangladesh Medical College Tuition Fees (Hostel Fee included). Now, this is just a ballpark amount, details follow.
- The Medium of Instruction in Medical Study in Bangladesh is English and there is no need for any Language Training.
- All the Government Medical Colleges in Bangladesh recognized by MCI are approved by WHO.
- There is Direct Admission to MBBS Course in Bangladesh without any Donation or Capitation.
DISADVANTAGES OF STUDYING IN BANGLADESH
And now for the flipside! The Medical Study in Bangladesh is also associated with cautions and pitfalls that many other study destinations present.
- The concept of No Tuition Fees under SAARC nomination requires one to have scored 95% in 12th.
- The Recognition of University is also a major issue. Apart from MCI recognition, you need to be careful that it has the approval of the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Dhaka and The Medical and Dental Council of Bangladesh, Dhaka.
- While you consider Bangladesh Medical College Admission, remember that the Bangladeshi Bengali is spoken and you need to be a little adept at it.
- Indian students will need to get ‘No objection’ Certificate from MCI, which is more or less true for any country.
- The Private Medical Colleges of Bangladesh do not give admission to students who have more than 2 years gap after 12th.
- A major issue could be that during your Internship you may not be allowed to touch the patients, so make sure it is not ‘Observership’.
MCI APPROVED MEDICAL COLLEGES IN BANGLADESH
We are providing a List of Major Government and Private Medical Colleges of Bangladesh for your perusal.
List of Government Medical College in Bangladesh
- 1. Armed Forces Medical College – Dhaka
- 2. Chittagong Medical College – Chittagong
- 3. Comilla Medical College – Comilla
- 4. Cox’s Bazar Medical College – Cox’s Bazar
- 5. Dhaka Medical College – Dhaka
- 6. Dinajpur Medical College – Dinajpur
- 7. Faridpur Medical College – Faridpur
- 8. Jessore Medical College – Jessore
- 9. Khulna Medical College – Khulna
- 10. Kushtia Medical College – Kushtia
- 11. MAG Osmani Medical College – Sylhet
- 12. Mymensingh Medical College – Mymensingh
- 13. Rangpur Medical College – Rangpur
- 14. Shaheed Suhrawardy Medical College – Dhaka
- 15. Shaheed Ziaur Rahman Medical College – Bogra
- 16. Sir Salimullah Medical College – Dhaka
List of Private Medical Colleges in Bangladesh (Alphabetically)
- 1. Ad-din women’s Medical College – Dhaka
- 2. Anwer khan Modern Medical College – Dhaka
- 3. Ashian Medical College – Dhaka
- 4. Bangladesh Medical College – Dhaka
- 5. BGC Trust Medical College – Chittagong
- 6. Central Medical College – Comilla
- 7. Christian Hospital – Bogra
- 8. Community Based Medical College – Mymensingh
- 9. Delta Medical College – Dhaka
- 10. East West Medical College – Dhaka
- 11. Eastern Medical College – Comilla
- 12. Fatema Hospital – Jessore
- 13. Ibn Sina Medical College – Dhaka
- 14. Ibrahim Medical College- Dhaka
- 15. International Medical College – Gazipur
- 16. Jaharul Medical College – Kishoreganj
- 17. Jalalabad Rajib Rebeya Medical College – Sylhet
- 18. Khawja Yunus Ali Medical College – Sirajganj
- 19. Kumudini Medical College – Tangail
- 20. Medical College for Women and Hospital – Dhaka
- 21. Memon Hospital – Chittagong
- 22. Monno Medical College & Hospital, Dhaka
- 23. Nightingle Medical College and Hospital – Dheka
- 24. North Bengal Medical College – Sirajganj
- 25. North East Medical College – Sylhet
- 26. Northern International Medical College – Dhaka
- 27. Prime Medical College – Rangpur
- 28. Rangpur Community Hospital Medical College – Rangpur
- 29. Southern Medical College – Chittagong
- 30. Sylhet Women Medical College – Sylhet
- 31. Z.H. Sikdar Women’s Medical College – Dhaka
MBBS Course in Bangladesh – Duration 5 years (Session 2018-2019)
You must meet the following Eligibility Criteria for Bangladesh Medical College Admission –
- One has to have passed qualifying examinations (HSC/ ‘A’ level) or equivalent examination.
- One should not have passed Class 10 (X) or SSC/ ‘O’ or equivalent examination before 2015
- One should not have passed Class 12 [XII (10+2)] or HSC/ ‘A’ or equivalent examination before 2017
- The Required Minimum aggregate GPA in SSC or equivalent and HSC or equivalent has to be 8.00 (eight)
- The Minimum Required GPA either in SSC or equivalent or in HSC or equivalent should be 3.5
- One must have a Minimum GP of 3.5 in biology
- Qualifying Grade in each subject individually is “C”. Therefore, GPA in ‘A’ level = (total marks obtained in three subjects) ÷ 3
|Logo||Medical College Name||Location|
|Dhaka Medical College||Dhaka|
|Mymensingh Medical College||Mymensingh, Dhaka|
|Chittagong Medical College||Chittagong|
|Rajshahi Medical College||Rajshahi|
|Sher-E-Bangla Medical College||Barisal|
|Khulna Medical College||Khulna|
|Shaheed Ziaur Rahman Medical College||Bogra Town|
|Rangpur Medical College||Rangpur|
|Dinajpur Medical College||Dinajpur|
|Faridpur Medical College||Faridpur|
|Pabna Medical College||Pabna|
|Bangladesh Medical College||Dhanmondi, Dhaka|
|International Medical College||Dhaka|
|Delta Medical College & Hospital||Dhaka|
|Dhaka National Medical College||Dhaka|
|Northern International Medical College,||Dhaka|