daisy stone gives blowjob and humped.xvideos
Georgia Regents University (GRU) is a public academic health center with its main campus located in Augusta, Georgia, United States. It one of the four research universities in the University System of Georgia (USG). GRU is composed of nine colleges: the College of Allied Health Sciences, College of Arts, Humanities, and Health Sciences, College of Dental Medicine, College of Education, College of Graduate Studies, College of Nursing, College of Science and Mathematics, the Hull College of Business, and the Medical College of Georgia. On January 8, 2012, the University System of Georgia Board of Regents approved the merger of Georgia Health Sciences University with Augusta State University. On August 7, 2012, the Georgia Board of Regents named the merged universities “Georgia Regents University”.On October 25, 2012, the university added the city’s name to the university name for marketing purposes, which is Georgia Regents University Augusta. In addition to the nine colleges, the university enterprise includes the 478-bed Georgia Regents Medical Center, the Children’s Hospital of Georgia, outpatient clinics, classrooms, laboratories, residence halls, a student center, a wellness center and a medical education library. The entire complex has a full-time instructional faculty of 651, a volunteer clinical faculty of 1,795 and a staff of over 3,000, making it the second-largest employer in the region with an annual economic impact of $2 billion. The university receives over $99 million annually in total sponsored research funding.
The university was chartered in 1828 by the state of Georgia as the Medical Academy of Georgia to offer a single course of lectures leading to a bachelor’s degree. In December 1829, the Georgia General Assembly changed the name to the Medical Institute of Georgia, and again to the Medical College of Georgia in December 1833. The College of Nursing offered its first classes in the 1940s. In the 1960s, Master’s and doctoral programs were added. The Colleges of Allied Health Sciences, Dental Medicine and Graduate Studies were added in the next decade.
The Medical College of Georgia is the 13th-oldest continuously operating medical school in the United States and the third-oldest in the Southeast.
Recent facilities expansion includes the Cancer Research Building, opened in 2003; the Health Sciences Building in 2006; and a new dental school building in 2011. On Feb. 1, 2011, the school’s name changed to Georgia Health Sciences University before consolidating with Augusta State University to become GRU. On August 22, 2012, Regent University announced its intentions to file a lawsuit for a trademark dispute against the Board of Regents of the University System of Georgia over the name of Georgia Regents University, the adopted name of the consolidation between Augusta State University and Georgia Health Sciences University, stating that the name infringes on the Regent University trademark and will create marketplace confusion; however, the USG Board of Regents contend that the name is broad enough where Regent’s lawsuit would be dismissed. The Georgia Regents name is unpopular with students and alumni within the two Augusta institutions as well as the Augusta community at-large; those protesting against the name hoped that the lawsuit would force the University System to reconsider the name. Additionally, attorneys based in Augusta attempted to contact Regent University about assisting in the lawsuit; however, the university stated that they will use their regular trademark counsel. On October 22, 2012, Georgia Attorney General Samuel Olens filed motions in federal court to have Regent University’s lawsuit dismissed, citing sovereign immunity as well as the broadness of the “Regent” name as the basis for dismissal.
GRU’s main campus in Augusta, Georgia encompasses more than 200 acres and has four local campuses. It is made up of the former campuses between Augusta State University and Georgia Health Sciences University, with additions from the University System of Georgia Board of Regents.
The campus was originally used as a Confederate Army arsenal during the Civil War and included a massive powder works to supply gunpowder for the Confederate Army. Following the surrender, the arsenal fell into more of a support role, beginning with the Spanish-American War in that the arsenal produced manufacturing equipment, seacoast targets, and was a repair station. In World War One, the station repaired rifles and small arms, but produced ordnance material and fire control operations for World War Two. In 1955, the arsenal was closed, and two years later the land was given to the local Board of Education, which used it to open the Junior College of Augusta. In 1958, the name changed to Augusta College, and in 2001 to Augusta State University.
Located on Walton Way, the Summerville campus houses many of the undergraduate programs, and the Jaguar Student Activities Center. The Maxwell Performing Arts Theatre, History Walk, Mary S. Byrd Gallery of Art, Maxwell Alumni House are all found on this campus. In addition, the James M. Hull College of Business, College of Education, College of Science and Mathematics, and Pamplin School of Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences are located here.
The campus was formerly well-known for the Arsenal Oak, a tree that contained wood believed to be 250-400 years old, until it was cut down in June of 2004 because of disease.
The campus first began in 1913 as the college moved to the Newton building and expanded from there, with the Dugas Building in 1937 marking the earliest building currently on the campus. The first clinical facility opened as the Eugene Talmadge Memorial Hospital in 1956. Stretching from Wrightsboro Road to Laney Walker Boulevard, the Health Sciences campus features all medical programs of the university, as well as the Health Sciences Building, Interdisciplinary Research Building, Wellness Center, Cancer Center, and College of Dental Medicine.
MCGHealth Medical Center, academic medical center affiliated with GRU
In addition, the Health Sciences campus also contains the Georgia Regents Medical Center, and Children’s Hospital of Georgia.
Then-Augusta State University opened a second campus in 1991 for athletics, complete with a 3800-seat area – Christen berry Field house, named in 2003 – and softball and baseball fields. The J. Fleming Norvell Golf House was added in 2007 with an adjacent driving range, putting green, and chipping area. The campus contains Forest Hills Golf Club, home of the men’s and women’s golf teams and a public course available for play, and the 500-bed University Village student housing.
This location is under development, but was formerly known locally as the Golf & Gardens property. It is located next to the Augusta Canal, with an entrance on Reynolds Street.
GRU has three satellite campuses for clinical study in Albany, Rome, and Savannah.
The Georgia Regents University Libraries lead the enterprise in providing comprehensive information resources and services in support of the teaching, discovery, and clinical care mission of our student-centered research university and academic medical center.
Reese Library, located on the Summerville campus, supports the University’s mission of advancing knowledge by providing access to a broad range of information resources for the traditional and online classroom instruction, research, and scholarship.
Robert B. Greenblatt, M.D. Library, located on the Health Sciences campus, provides critical support of teaching, research, and clinical care for the GRU health professional community.
As centers of intellectual inquiry, the GRU Libraries will lead transformations affecting research and scholarly communication, teaching and learning, and clinical care.